Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The Clark State Performing Arts Center takes your health and safety seriously. Due to COVID19 and as directed by the Governor of Ohio, we are implementing all necessary safety guidelines and protocols to reduce risks and maintain cleanliness.
Please Note: With the exception of limited live events, the Performing Arts Center facility and Box Office are closed to the public.
- Face Coverings/masks are required at all times.
- Physical distancing signage and stanchions will be placed inside and outside.
- Please follow the signs throughout the building to ensure physically distanced flow into and out of the building, auditorium and bathrooms.
- One-way entry into the PAC is through the main lobby doors at the front of the building. No exceptions.
- One-way exit from the PAC is through the side doors. No exceptions.
- Elevator usage will be limited to one family/household at a time.
- Congregating or mingling in the lobby before or after the performance is prohibited.
- Concessions will not be available. Bringing your own food/beverages into the building/auditorium is prohibited.
- Event programs will not be available.
- You can purchase tickets by calling the Box Office at 937.328.3874 between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m., Monday – Friday. The Box Office is closed to foot traffic.
- Tickets will not be sold the night of the event.
- Patrons will be given staggered entrance times. Your entrance time will be marked on your ticket. Those arriving before their entrance time will be asked to wait in their car.
- Tickets will be mailed to you along with a letter outlining safety rules and guidelines.
- Maximum capacity is 225 patrons.
- Patrons will be physically distanced by at least 6-feet, side-to-side and front-to-back.
- Pit seats are not available to allow safe distance between performers and patrons.
- Patrons will be seated based on the entrance times and will be directed to their seats by a PAC staff member.
- At the end of the event, PAC staff will dismiss patrons one row/section at a time. Please stay seated until your row/section is called.
- Patrons found to be non-compliant with any of the prescribed policies above will be given the opportunity to remedy their actions after sufficient notice from the Compliance Manager.
- Repeated issues with the same patron may result in said patron being asked to vacate the premises.
- Police officers will be present. In the unlikely event that a patron is asked to vacate the premises, these officers will be asked to enforce this request.